those we share.
those we share.
You can confront the prospect of your own death and try to analyze it and, in so doing, try to minimize some of the inevitable sufferings it causes. Neither way can you actually overcome it.
However, as a Buddhist, I view death as a normal process of life.
Knowing that I cannot escape it, I see no point in worrying about it.
I haven’t read the books, and I may never get around to it, but for what it’s worth, here are some of my impressions so far. (If you really want to see the movies, you’ll see them regardless of what I say here, so I’m not worried about spoilers.)
· Rachelle Lefevre is indeed the only choice to play Victoria. Even without reading the books, I sensed this. She has an intense on-screen presence not duplicated by her replacement, the lovely and talented Bryce Dallas Howard. (Sorry, Bryce – nothing personal, but even though you delivered the excellent performance I’ve come to expect from you, you just ain’t Victoria. I’m still a big fan, though.)
· Kick-ass editing. I was blown away by the chase sequences through the forest of massive redwoods, especially the way perspective was used to show how it looked to the chasers and chasees.
· Great music. Before seeing these movies, I was unfamiliar with Muse or Thom Yorke. Now I have them bookmarked on that yootoob thing.
· The sparkly vampire thing was pretty well done, in my opinion. It was a good change-up to the usual “bloodsuckers burning up in the sunlight” theme. Something different, at least.
· Holy crap, they did a convincing job of making Bella look like death warmed over in Breaking Dawn Part 1. And I thought I looked bad when I was in the hospital. *shudder*
· That house in the middle of the forest. I freaking love it. I want one – just not all glass, please.
· Dakota Fanning as Jane. I don’t know how close she is to the book character, but wow.
· Jasper’s line, “It would be nice not to want to kill you all the time.” Good one.
All in all, I found it a good storyline with some interesting twists, but I won’t be going all fan-girly over it. That’s it for now, until I see the remaining movie, Breaking Dawn Part 2.